In this intricate high-tech finance world, QuickBooks stands as the number one choice for small and mid-size business owners. However, this quick and easy finance management software also has some glitches, and one such common glitch is QuickBooks error 1321 . This error code disturbs the whole workflow and leaves the users perplexed. In this guide, we discuss the root cause behind this error, the common signs and symptoms, and how we will eliminate the error without getting stuck in any glitches.
So, let’s not wait for a minute; let’s take a step forward to join the journey to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1321 and boost yourself with the appropriate knowledge to keep your financial work on track.
What Would be the Reason behind QuickBooks Error 1321
QuickBooks error 1321 is most likely caused by a combination of factors. The most common five reasons are listed below; have a look since it will help you find the core cause of the issue so that you may select the most appropriate solution to this problem.
- The antivirus or the security application may be conflicting or blocking QB’s access.
- Damaged files would be the reason for QuickBooks error code 1321.
- Restrict access to open a specific company file.
- When your systemImproperly shuts down.
- The procedure of updating the files might be faster than copying the file.
When the QuickBooks 2015 error 1321 attacks your system, it will show you some symptoms of its presence. It is crucial to confirm the presence of this vicious error.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error 15240
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1321?
The QuickBooks error 1321 has the following signs:-
- Your system’s company file was damaged due to this error.
- The system started working slowly.
- Continus getting the error message on your system.
- There are restrictions to open the folders.
The Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1321
Now that we understand the causes and symptoms of this error, it is time to implement the tried and tested methods. So without wasting any time, let’s start the procedure of eliminating this problem:-
Method 1:- Install and Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The very first solution is to install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool; follow the mentioned steps below:-
- Firstly, you have to close the QB as well as all the other applications which are running in the background.
- Next, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and Save it on your desktop.
- When the downloading process is completed, open it.
- Follow the steps showcased on your screen to complete the installation process.
- Thereon, click the Yes option to agree on all the team and conditions.
- When the process is completed, go to the desktop and click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon. (if you are enabled to find the icon, then go to the Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the program.
- In the Tool Hub, click on the Installation Issues option.
- Lastly, hit the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Note: This process will take around 20 minutes, so be patient.
- When the installation process is complete, scan it and restart your system.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error ps107
Method 2:- Use the Windows System File Checker Tool
In order to use the Windows system file checker, perform the steps below:-
- First, press Windows + R and in the type box, enter CMD.
- Click on the Enter tab, and it will open the command prompt.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and hit the Run as Administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow and hit the Enter tab; this process starts the scanning process.
- Please note it will take some time to complete the process.
- After the scanning process is completed, restart your device and check whether the QuickBooks error code 1321 is persistent or not.
Method 3:- Turn Off the Antivirus Software and Reinstall it Again
If the above-stated methods fail to eliminate the error 1321 when installing QuickBooks, then don’t worry! Follow the next step-by-step pointer:-
- First, you temporarily disable your antivirus or any other security software that is installed on your system.
- When you are done with disabling the security software, just install the updates in your QB application.
- If you have any updates pending, install them immediately.
- Finally, you will receive your antivirus or any other security software.
Method 4:- Retry the Updating Process
If you are still not able to update your QuickBooks application, then retry the process again by following the points listed below:-
- Click on the Retry button to authorize the update to complete.
- If it is still not working out, then hitting the Cancel icon will show the error message.
- Go to the Options tab and temporarily turn off the security software or antivirus.
Method 5:- Create a New Windows as Admin User Account
Another way to resolve error 1321 when installing QuickBooks is to create a new Windows account as an admin user account. The steps to be followed are listed below:-
- Firstly, click on the Start tab and go to the Control panel.
- Now, select the User or Accounts option.
- After that, click on the Create a New User option and name the account.
- Set as Administrator and also create an account.
- Log out to the current account and log in to the New Account.
Method 6:- In the Folder Edit the Windows Permission
Firstly, note that before starting to edit the Windows permissions to resolve QuickBooks error 1321, make sure you are running a 32- or 64-bit version of Windows. To start the procedure, follow the below step-by-step guidance:-
- You have to first press Windows + I Key to open the settings applications.
- Now, navigate to the System and click on About.
- Click on the System Type entry on the right side; this will show you the system type that you have.
- Once you identify, proceed to the next steps.
- Open the Run Box by pressing Windows + R.
- In the open field, enter the path for the folder that stores the QB Program.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error 15215
So, we hope this blog helped you address the error 1321 QuickBooks update. Above, we discussed the primary symptoms that most people experience when an issue enters their software and described numerous types of reasons so that you can understand the root cause. Additionally, we’ll provide you with the most effective professional-recommended troubleshooting techniques so you can solve the problem quickly. However, if you get stuck in the middle of a process or have other questions, don’t panic! When you contact our QuickBooks Support Team Number, the professionals will provide you with the best possible guidance.