QuickBooks error 1327 is an installation error in QuickBooks that arises when the user tries to install the software on their computer. It commonly arises when the USB device suddenly gets disconnected from the computer system. Sometimes, tackling this error can be a tricky or difficult task; that’s why we have created this blog, which might help you deal with the error efficiently.
If you are also stuck with QuickBooks error 1327 and are looking for immediate solutions through which you can easily fix the error, then this blog will be beneficial for you.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1327?
As mentioned above, QuickBooks error code 1327 is an installation error that arises while installing the QuickBooks software on the computer system.
In general, drives are considered the memory part of a computer system. In case the connection between the drive and the computer gets disconnected while you are installing the QuickBooks software, then your computer may not be able to install it properly, and may lead to error 1327.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 1327 Arise?
Well, there can be multiple reasons why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error 1327. Some of the most common and prominent reasons or factors that led to the occurrence of QB error 1327 are as follows:
- The damaged Microsoft .NET Framework is the most significant error behind the error 1327 QuickBooks desktop.
- If you have suddenly moved or removed the USB storage device from the computer system.
- The wrong drive name for the registry key for QuickBooks installation can also lead to the occurrence of error code 1327 in QuickBooks.
- If you are trying to install the corrupted version of the QuickBooks software. Similarly, if your computer system can’t meet the minimum requirements to run QuickBooks software, then in both cases, the situation may end up with an error code.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1327
Fixing this QuickBooks error 1327 is not a difficult task. If the troubleshooting steps are implemented properly and correctly, then the error can be resolved easily. Let’s take a brief look at the solutions that you can use to troubleshoot the error on the first go.
Solution 1. Configure Microsoft .NET Framework
If the Microsoft .NET framework on your computer system is damaged or corrupted, then it can hamper the installation process of the QuickBooks software. In that scenario, configuring the .NET framework might help you deal with the error.
Below listed are the steps that you can execute to configure the Microsoft .NET framework:
- At first, navigate to the “Control Panel” settings on your device.
- Thereon, click on the “Programs” option and then choose the “Turn Windows Features On/Off” option.
- After that, you will be asked to provide the admin login password.
- Now, un-check the box available next to “Microsoft.NET Framework” and then perform a restart of your device.
- Once you are done with that, then again navigate to the “Programs” section and check-mark the box available next to the “Microsoft .NET Framework”, which you unchecked in the above steps.
After performing the above-listed steps, try to install the QuickBooks software again on your computer system. If you are still unable to install it, then there might be some chances that the error will arise because of incorrect registry settings.
Solution 2. Repair Registry Settings
Here are the steps you can take to repair or fix registry settings on your workstation:
- Before you begin with the process, make sure to create a backup of the system registry.
- Thereon, open the Windows run command on your PC by hitting the “Windows + R” keys together.
- Now, type “Regedit” in the search bar and then click on the “Run” tab option.
- Followed by the above steps, navigate to this specific key, i.e., HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ CurrentVersion\ Explorer\ Shell Folders.
- Here, you have to search for the entries that show the Drive Letter in the message.
- Furthermore, change the incorrect drive name to C:/.
- At last, save all the updated changes and perform a restart of your device.
Once you have successfully executed the above-listed steps, try to install the QuickBooks software again on your device. Now, check if the error code 1327 in QuickBooks has been terminated or not. If this method does not bring positive results for you, then execute the next solution.
Read Also:-QuickBooks error 1904
Solution 3. Setup a New Windows User and Install Windows
If the QuickBooks error 1327 is arising due to some back-end issues on your device related to the Windows operating system, then the actions indicated below will help you prevent the error.
- The first step is to navigate to the PC settings.
- Thereon, select the “Accounts” tab, and then click the “Family and Others” option.
- Now, click on the “Add Someone Else” option and then provide a new login password, name, and password hint.
Windows 7 or 8
- Firstly, navigate to the “Control Panel” settings and then click on the “User Accounts” option.
- Moving ahead, hit the “Manage Other” accounts option, and then you have to create a new account.
- Thereon, provide an account name and select the “Administrator” option.
- After that, select the “Create Account” option and then perform a restart of your device.
- At last, log in to your PC with the newly created admin account.
Furthermore, try to install the QuickBooks software on your PC to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 4. Remove Network Connection and Then Install QuickBooks
Let’s take a brief look at the steps that you can thoroughly conduct to install the QuickBooks software after removing the network connection.
- At first, access the “Control Panel” settings on your computer device.
- Under the drop-down arrow, click on the “View By” option, and then select the “Small Icons” option.
- Followed by the above steps, navigate to the “Network and Sharing” center.
- Select the change adapter settings, available on the left side of the pane.
- Now, right-click on every adapter listed there and then choose the “Disable” option.
- After that, you may witness a message on your screen, showing: The Connection is Lost.
- Here, you must avoid connecting your device to the network and leave the window open on your screen.
- Now, install the QuickBooks software again on your PC.
- As the installation process ends, navigate back to the “Network Connections” window and then activate your network connections.
Read Also:-Quickbooks subscription has lapsed
The Ending Note
In this blog post, we have covered in-depth information about what is QuickBooks error code 1327, why it arises, and how you can get it fixed. You can easily execute the steps listed above to eliminate the error hassle-free. In case, if you face any challenge while performing the steps, or if you have any query related to other errors in QuickBooks, then we suggest you to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team. They will properly assist you to keep all the errors at a bay and use the software smoothly.