Is your window screen showcasing the QuickBooks error 1904 when installing the application or updating the version from Pro to Premier? It is related to the Microsoft components required to install and run QuickBooks on Windows. Most of the time, the damaged Microsoft Visual C++ files became the reason for emerging error 1904 QuickBooks during the time of installation.
Error Message:- Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare\ICWrapper.dll failed to register.
Define – Error 1904 QuickBooks
As mentioned above, QuickBooks error 1904 basically appears in the initial stage of the installation process or while upgrading the version from pro to premiere. As a result of this error, your system may be unstable, your company file might be missing from the database, and your screen constantly pops up with the error message. Before this error harms your entire data, let’s resolve this issue.
What are the Causes of Error 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Our main aim is to provide you with detailed information, so before directly jumping into the troubleshooting methods, it is important to first understand the main reason which evokes error 1904 in QuickBooks desktop. Let’s take a look:
- Inappropriate way to install the QuickBooks and Windows.
- The Company File is Missing or Damaged can lead to this issue.
- The installation source has some internal problems.
- Hard drive might be damaged or facing some glitches.
- When you are using an outdated QuickBooks version.
- The low-performing issue with your computer.
- When the user doesn’t have admin-level permission or does not have access to make the changes.
- Damage on the window registry because of improper QuickBooks upgrade is another reason for error 1904 in QuickBooks desktop.
- Glitches in Windows security applications.
What are the Signs of Error 1904 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Listed below are the most common signs of QuickBooks error 1904:
- The most common sign of this error is you are unable to install the QuickBooks application.
- Suddenly, your system freezes.
- Your system stops showing the automatic updates.
- The poor performance of the computer.
- Hard drives and related devices might get in trouble with access permission.
- Your important QuickBooks files suddenly start missing or damaged.
- You get repeated error messages.
Now when you understand the reasons and symptoms of error 1904 when installing QuickBooks, you are good to go for performing the troubleshooting solutions. In this guide, we compiled various solutions so that you can resolve this error on your own.
Troubleshooting Solution for Resolving Error 1904 QuickBooks
Follow the listed below steps and solve the QuickBooks error code 1904 on your own. But before implementing the steps, it is important to log in as an administrator account.
Solution 1:- Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks diagnostic tool is an essential tool which provides the user one roof for different error shooters. This method is divided into two parts. Let’s take a look:
Step 1:- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and then save it in a suitable location.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the instructions showcasing on the screen and agree to all the terms and conditions.
Step 2:- Open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic
- First, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Now, click on the “Installation” issues.
- Open the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to solve the common installation problems.
- After the process is completed successfully, restart the computer and open the QuickBooks application again. Check whether the error 1904 QuickBooks resolves or not.
Note:- this process might take around 15 to 20 minutes. So, keep waiting until the diagnosis process is completed.
Solution 2:- Re-install the Adobe Flash Player
- First, open the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” and hit the start menu.
- Then Type the Control Panel.
- Go to the Uninstall program option.
- In the list of programs, select the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.
- Hit the Uninstall tab.
- Now, follow the instructions showcasing on the screen to complete the uninstall process.
- Last, download the Adobe Flash Player and reinstall it again.
Solution 3:- Repair the Damaged Windows Components
To repair the damaged window components, follow the listed simple steps:
Option 1:- Register the MSXML.dll for 64 Bit OS
- Hit the Start icon, go to the search bar, and type CMD.
- Click right on the CMD icon and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Then, in the CMD, type the Cd\ to visit the Root directory C:\.
- Thereon, type the CD windows/ syswow64 / and press the enter key.
- After that, type the “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” and hit Enter.
- Last, try again to install the QuickBooks application.
Option 2:- Register the MSXML.dll for 32 Bit OS
- First, open the run command by pressing the Windows + R.
- In the text field, click on the CMD option.
- Thereon, type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press the Enter button.
- Lastly, click on Install the QuickBooks Desktop. After the installation procedure is complete, check whether the error 1904 in QuickBooks desktop is resolved or not.
If you are still facing the same issue, then don’t panic! Following the below troubleshooting method will resolve this installing error.
Solution 4:- Keep Out the QuickBooks From the Bitdefender
The situation when the Bitdefender started interfering with the process of QuickBooks installation emerg the error 1904 in QuickBooks desktop. To resolve this issue, you have to add the QuickBooks to the Biderfender’s exclusion list:
- Option 1:- Those who use 32-bit Windows OS add the C:\Program Files\Common Files in the exclusion list.
- Option 2:- Those who use 64-bit Windows OS then add the C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program File(x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list.
Solution 5:- Open to Build in Admin Account on Windows
- First, on the desktop, click on the start button.
- Then choose the Switch User option and select the Default Admin Account. now you have successfully changed the admin account, and the error is removed on its own.
- You can also press the Control +Alt +Delete key and go to the switch user option, which will help you to build the admin account on Windows.
Solution 6:- Set the Proper User Folder Access Permission
- Login to QuickBooks and open the Windows File Explorer.
- Go to the program files and hit the common file option.
- Right-click on the folder names as Common Files and then hit the Properties option.
- Furthermore, go to the security tab and click on the Edit option.
- In the Group or Usernames, click on the Users option.
- Now, in the permission for users tab, tick mark the Modify, write, read, list folder contents and read and execute options.
- Hit the apply option and then click on “OK”.
Congrats! You successfully removed error 1904 when installing QuickBooks. Now you are good to go for using the wonderful features of QuickBooks without any glitches. However, if you are still facing the issue, then read the additional information listed below. This might help you to get a deep understanding of this error.
Additional Information About Error 1904 QuickBooks
- If the above methods are not able to remove the error, then check you are only using the QuickBooks Database Manager? If yes, then all the above solutions are not helpful to you. You have to install the actual exe.
- If you are not using the correct admin credentials in the installation process, then Microsoft Windows starts glitching.
- Remember to install the exe on the server before installing the Avalara Avatax.
- The above listed methods also fail when you try to install the connector on the server without installing QuickBooks exe.
- There might be a chance that you do not click OK on the error messages.
- Run the QuickBooks as the Administrator.
- Do remember to choose your Test Connection Option.
Hope this blog helps you to resolve the QuickBooks error 1904 easily. If you are still experiencing issues with the program, we recommend that you contact the QuickBooks Support Team today. Professionals are available 24 hours a day to assist you in resolving issues and using the various features of the software for seamless and quick accounting experience.