QuickBooks, the widely used accounting software, provides excellent bookkeeping solutions for accountants and small businesses. However, sometimes, this advanced software also faces errors, which may cause chaos and frustration. One of the most common errors the user faces is QuickBooks error 6177 0.
The error targets the company file, and you might be unable to open it. Here is the guide which briefly explains QuickBooks error 6177 0, the reason and the troubleshooting solutions so that you can easily get rid of this problem without taking the help of an expert.
A Brief On QuickBooks Error 6177 0
QuickBooks error 6177 0 indicates something is wrong with your QB company file. Resulting in a glitch while opening the company file. This type of error can display as “QuickBooks error 6177 0 cannot use the path”, usually in a multi-user mode where the file is stored on the server computer.
A few common causes behind the occurrence of error 6177 0 can be firewall problems and network troubles. Sometimes, this error also occurs when you relocate your company file. If you want to know more reasons which lead to QuickBooks error 6177 0, then scroll down a little and read the common reasons.
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Codes 6177 0?
There are several reasons behind QuickBooks error codes 6177 0. Listed below, we have compiled the five common reasons:
- When the path of the files is corrupted or damaged.
- The error also occurs when the QuickBooks-related file is inadvertently.
- Viruses like the Trojan Horse attack the application, resulting in infecting the essential QB files.
- Transfer the QB company files from one system to another.
- Using an old version of QuickBooks accounting software.
How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Error 6177 0?
Ignoring QuickBooks Error 6177 can lead to the emergence of more terrifying glitches on your software. So, it is important to solve the problem immediately to run the software effectively. Listed below, we have provided you with the best tried and tested methods which help you to get rid of this error. Let’s have a look:
Method 1:- Download and Run the File Doctor on your Computer
- The First step to resolve error 6177 QuickBooks desktop is to download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, save the QuickBooks Tool Hub.exe file on your system.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to install all the terms and conditions of the software.
- After the installation process is completed, double-click on the Tool Hub icon.
- Now, visit the company file issues and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- This process will take a few minutes, so keep waiting.
- In the drop-down menu, open the company file.
- Then click on browse the search.
- Now, check the file and enter the password correctly.
- After that, hit the Next tab.
- At last, keep waiting until the file doctor tool identifies the error and fixes the issue.
Note:- When the Tool fixes the error 6177 QuickBooks desktop successfully, keep a backup of your company file.
Method 2:- Update your QuickBooks Application
- First, open the company file after moving it to the local computer. In those cases, when the error operates while opening the file, search for the portable company file.
- Now, update the QuickBooks to its latest release.
- Theron, add the Windows firewall ports.
- If it is in another system, then make sure you turn off the hosting.
- Followed by making new folders and then trying to access the data file from that location.
- The user then needs to move the folder to the local computer, followed by trying to access the data.
- The folder with a company file on the server computer should have the complete excess to a computer.
- At last, check even the server which contains the QuickBooks files should have access to all the folders.
Method 3:- Relocate the Company File to the Local Hard Drive
- First, you must move the company file to the C drive.
- Now open the company file in QuickBooks.
- Then create a Portable File.
- Save the file in the Local C drive and close the company file.
- Theron, Restore the portable file in the C: drive.
- Save this to the server.
- Lastly, collect the company file and try to open the file to the other server.
Method 4:- Manually Fix the File Path
The next troubleshooting method to resolve QuickBooks error 6177 0 cannot use the path is divided into two parts. So, read the thoroughly and follow the same:
Step 1:- Locate the Network (.ND) File
- First, open the File Explorer in the server system.
- Search the QuickBooks Folder.
- Now, identify the company file name and look for the.ND Extension at the end.
- Right-click on the.ND File and click on the Delete option.
Step 2:- Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- If you have not downloaded and installed the QuickBooks database server manager, you should do it now.
- Now, in the server system, open the Windows Start menu.
- Then, type Database in the search bar.
- Moving on, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and select the QuickBooks Folder with the company file.
- When you completely follow the above steps, select the Start Scan option.
- After completing the scanning process, Hit the Close option.
- Finally, give the Folder Permission to share the company files.
If the error 6177 QuickBooks desktop still appears on the screen, do not panic! Simply follow the method listed below.
Method 5:- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop
After completing the method mentioned above, the user now considers following this method. Follow the directions below to resolve the problem without sticking in any glitches.
- First, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Open or Restore an Existing Company option instead of choosing the Company from the list.
- In the menu, select Open a Company File.
- Now, click the Next option.
- At last, Open the Portable Company File (QBM) and move to the new folder.
Method 6:- Resetting the Multi-User Hosting
- On the server computer, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the File Menu and go to the Utilities option.
- Hit the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Now, click on the Yes tab for confirmation.
- Go to the File Menu section and select the Close Company option. (This will clear all hosting configurations)
- Moving ahead, open the QuickBooks Desktop again without opening a company file.
- Choose the File Menu and click the Utilities option.
- Then, click on the Host Multi-User Access and select on Yes to confirm.
- Click on the File menu and conclude it by hitting the Quit QuickBooks option.
Method 7:- Add Executable File to Windows Firewall Exceptions
- Log in to QuickBooks and hit the Windows Start menu.
- Now, in the search bar, type Windows Firewall and hit the Enter Key.
- Click on the Advanced Settings.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules option.
- Choose the New Rules and then hit the Program.
- Select the Next option.
- After that, click on the This Program Path option.
- Choose the Browse, where you must look for the executable files.
- Then, click on the Next option.
- Moving ahead, hit the Allow the Connection option.
- Hit the Next option and keep all the profiles marked.
- Click on the Next option.
- When you create a rule, give a name like QBFirewallException(name.exe).
Congrats! By following the above-listed steps, you are successfully resolving the QuickBooks error code 6177 0. Now, you will be able to keep your accounting process forward without any glitches. Enjoy the new feature of the QB application and make your accounting process more easy.
Read Also :-Quickbooks Error 80070057
Sometimes, while following the steps above, the user may become entangled in other glitches. Another type of damage caused this in your application. If you, too, are stuck between the procedure of resolving QuickBooks error 6177 0. Don’t worry! In that case, visit our blog section, read through our QB error blogs, or you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts. You’ll undoubtedly receive your answer.