Being one of the best and most powerful accounting software programs, QuickBooks is used by millions of businesses around the world to manage their accounting activities. However, just like any other accounting software, QuickBooks software is also prone to various technical errors and glitches, and one of the common errors is QuickBooks update error 12045. Usually, this error prevents the user from updating the QuickBooks software to the latest release.
In this article, we will briefly discuss the QuickBooks error 12045, why it arises, and how you can resolve it. So, if you are also facing this error and are looking for tried and tested troubleshooting solutions, then you must read this blog. By the end of this blog, you will be capable of resolving the error on your own.
However, if you don’t have the time to implement the steps one by one and need immediate help fixing the error, then you can simply get in touch with the experts by dialing +1-833-688-8848.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 12045?
As the name highlights, QuickBooks update error 12045 arises when the user tries to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. There are a couple of scenarios in which you might not be able to notice the error message, but at times, you will be able to identify this error with a pop-up display message such as:
“Error 12045: Failed to download the update”
This error disallows the user from downloading or updating QuickBooks to the latest release. If not dealt with on time, QB update error 12045 can cause compatibility issues with other applications, and you may even miss out on important software updates.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 12045
In order to resolve the error efficiently, it’s important to understand the possible causes behind the error. This will provide you with a clear understanding of why you may be facing the error and may even give you insights into how you can prevent it in the future.
However, listing each and every possible reason behind the error is not possible, as each case may depend on various factors. Still, to help you out, below we have listed the most common reasons and factors why you may face QuickBooks error code 12045 while working on the software:
- If the PC’s date and timing settings are incorrect.
- Poor internet connection.
- If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks desktop on your PC at the same time, then it can also lead to the occurrence of the update error 12045 in QuickBooks.
- Active firewall settings can also block the updating request for the QuickBooks software.
- Incorrect folder permissions or disabled UAC settings.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
- Incorrect SSL settings.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12045
Resolving the unwanted update errors with the QuickBooks software is very easy. The same goes perfectly for QuickBooks error 12045. Let’s take a look at the solutions that you can follow step-by-step to eliminate the QuickBooks update error 12045;
Solution 1. Verify Time and Date Settings
The most common reason behind the occurrence of any update error in the QuickBooks software is the incorrect time and date settings. These incorrect settings directly affect the SSL certificate verification process and may lead to QuickBooks update error code 12045.
Therefore, we advise you to verify and correct the time and date settings on your PC. Below are the actions that you can undertake to get the process done:
Note: Only follow these steps if you find the date and time settings on your PC are incorrect.
- The first step is to right-click on the data and time, which appear on the right side of the taskbar.
- Thereon, you have to choose the Adjust Date/ Time option.
- Followed by the above steps, choose the Change Date and Time option.
- Now, apply the needed changes to correct the date and time settings.
- After that, click on the Apply > OK option.
- Moving ahead, close the settings window on your PC and then launch the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Subsequently, click on the Help tab option, which is available at the top menu screen, and then click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
Now, complete the updating process. If you are still unable to download the new updates in QuickBooks, then you have to reset the updates in QuickBooks. Let’s take a look at that.
You may Read Also :-QuickBooks Error 6154
Solution 2. Reset QuickBooks Update
If you have accidentally downloaded the wrong updates on your PC, then you might face several technical glitches while updating the QuickBooks software. Therefore, resetting the QuickBooks update will help you resolve the issues that might be arising because of the wrong updates. It may even help in troubleshooting the QuickBooks update error 12045.
Below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to reset the QuickBooks update:
- Run the QuickBooks desktop software on your workstation and click on the Help tab option.
- As the Help menu settings expand on the screen, you have to choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Moving ahead, choose the Update Now option.
- Thereon, checkmark the Reset Update option and click on the Get Updates option.
The process might take some time. As the process ends, try again to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release and verify whether the error has been eliminated or not.
Solution 3. Remove Multiple Versions of QuickBooks Software
Another solution that you can follow to deal with the QuickBooks error 12045 is to remove the multiple versions of the QuickBooks desktop software from your workstation. This method will fix the conflicts or compatibility issues that might be leading to the updating error.
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to remove multiple versions of QB software from your workstation:
- The first step is to navigate to the Control Panel settings on your PC.
- Thereon, move ahead to the Programs & Features option.
- Here, you have to search for multiple or duplicate versions of the QuickBooks desktop program installed on the PC.
- Click on the duplicate version of the QuickBooks program, and then choose the Uninstall option.
- After that, perform the same steps for all the duplicate programs.
Once you are done with the above steps, launch the QuickBooks program and try to update the software to the latest release. Thereon, verify whether the error has been terminated or not.
Solution 4. Verify Internet Connection Settings
Verify and configure the internet connection settings by executing the steps listed below:
- First of all, run the QuickBooks desktop software on your PC.
- Thereon, click on the Help tab option, and then choose the Internet Connection Setup option.
- Now, move ahead to the Advanced Connection Settings option and click on the Advanced option.
- Followed by the above steps, choose the Restore Advanced Settings options, and then click on the Apply option.
- After that, click on the OK option and close the QuickBooks desktop application.
Once you are done with the above steps, save the updated changes by restarting your PC.
You may Read Also :-QuickBooks Error 1304
This article has covered in-depth, detailed information about QuickBooks update error 12045. You can easily execute the steps listed above to resolve the error. If you are unable to perform the above-listed steps, or if the solutions do not help you fix the error, then we advise you to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team. Experts are available 24*7 around the clock to attend to your query and help you use the QB software smoothly and efficiently without facing any errors.