QuickBooks software is one of the most prominent and popular accounting software used by small and medium-sized business entrepreneurs to manage their accounting activities. Loaded with advanced features and a user-friendly interface, this software has been dominating the segment for many years. From creating invoices to tracking expenses and managing payroll, QB software has been a reliable and efficient tool for businesses to streamline their accounting activities. However, QB software is prone to various technical errors, and the most frustrating issues are related to the installation process. Installation errors disallow users from installing the software and hinder their ability to manage their accounting activities. Intuit created the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to assist users in resolving installation errors.
The QuickBooks desktop install diagnostic tool is specifically designed to fix and resolve all the installation errors with the QB software. So, if you are also facing installation errors with the QB software, then you should read this blog post till the end. In this guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how you can download and run this tool to resolve all the installation errors with the QB software.
What is the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a comprehensive tool that helps users fix and troubleshoot various technical errors and glitches that might arise while installing the software. In order to install and run efficiently, QB relies on various internal components and configurations. Whenever there is an issue with these components, it leads to various installation errors.
This premium and helpful tool automatically scans, detects, and resolves common installation errors, such as damaged Windows components. It saves time and effort by providing a quick and efficient solution to installation errors.
Types of Errors That Can Be Resolved Through the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
When it comes to ensuring the smooth installation process of the QuickBooks software, the install diagnostic tool in QuickBooks helps resolve a wide range of errors. Some of those common installation errors are mentioned below:
|QB unrecoverable error
|QuickBooks error 6123
|Damaged Microsoft .NET framework
|QuickBooks stopped working error
|QB error 12031
|MSXML damage errors
|Damaged C++ errors
Excited after knowing the types of errors that can be fixed with the help of the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool? In order to fix these errors, you have to download and install the diagnostic tool on your PC.
Ways to Download and Install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QB diagnostic tool is a very useful tool that helps resolve various installation- and performance-related issues with QuickBooks software. In order to simplify the process of using the diagnostic tool, Intuit allows users to download and run the tool in two different ways. Let’s take a brief look at both methods through which you can finish the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool download and install process on your workstation.
A). Through the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Users have the option to run the QB install diagnostic tool with the help of the QuickBooks tool hub. This method is useful for users who prefer to have a centralized application for resolving all QB-related errors. Here are the steps that you can follow to download, install, and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your PC:
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks software on your workstation.
- Thereon, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (18.104.22.168) from the official website of Intuit.
- As soon as you have downloaded the file, locate the downloaded file on your computer and open it.
- Following that, you have to follow the on-screen commands to finish the installation process.
- Moving ahead, navigate to the PC desktop screen and double-click on the QB Tool Hub icon.
- Now, the license agreement window will appear on your PC screen, and then click on the Yes option.
- As the tool hub appears on the screen, click on the Installation Issues option.
- With that effect, you will be able to see the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option, available in the green color box.
- Thereon, click on it, and the tool will automatically run the repair process on your device.
- Depending on the size of the company file, the process might take 20–30 minutes.
By executing the above-listed steps, you have successfully run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your PC through the QB tool hub. This must have resolved the installation issues that you might be experiencing while installing the software.
B). Directly Installing the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Another procedure through which you can run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool (QBID) is by directly downloading and installing the tool from the official website of Intuit products. This method is very useful when you are unable to access the QB tool hub or prefer a more direct approach to dealing with errors.
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to directly run the QB install tool on your PC:
- The first step is to visit the official website of Intuit products and then download the QB install diagnostic tool on your PC. You can also directly click here to begin the downloading process.https://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- As the notification pop-up window appears, save the software setup files on your PC.
- After that, close all the active applications on your workstation.
- Now, navigate to the downloaded folder and search there for the downloaded file, i.e., QBinstall_tool_v2.exe.
- Open the file by double-clicking on it, and then the license agreement window will appear on your PC screen.
- Moving ahead, click on the Yes and Start Scan option.
- As the scanning process ends, perform a system restart, and then you will be asked to register or activate your QuickBooks ID again.
- To ensure the proper completion of the scanning process, make sure that your PC’s Windows is updated to the latest version.
- At last, as the scanning and diagnosing process ends, perform a system restart.
With the help of the above-listed steps, you can easily run the QB diagnostic tool and eliminate all the installation errors with the software.
Tips to Prevent QuickBooks Installation Errors
With the help of the QuickBooks installation diagnostic tool, you can easily fix unwanted installation errors with the QB software. But as a user, you must try to prevent the errors from occurring. By preventing errors, you can ensure the smooth functionality of the software and perform all your accounting activities efficiently. Here are some tips that you can follow to prevent yourself from encountering QuickBooks installation errors:
- Always keep updating the PC’s windows to the latest version.
- Reinstall QB software in selective startup mode.
- Always verify the minimum system requirements before installing the software.
- Disable antivirus settings during the installation process.
- Keep a backup of the company file to avoid data loss situations in case of unforeseen errors.
- Never download the QB software from unauthorized or third-party sites.
- Run a disk cleanup to optimize the performance of the PC.
- Make sure your computer is connected to a strong internet connection throughout the installation process.
- Close all the unnecessary applications and pending processes before commencing with the installation.
- Make sure your PC has enough disk space for installing the QB software.
These are some of the useful tips that will help you ensure a smooth and successful installation of the QuickBooks desktop software.
In this guide, we have covered detailed and thorough information about how you can download and use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. You can easily perform the steps to troubleshoot and fix the installation issues that you may encounter. Also, you must remember to follow the instructions very carefully, and you can also reach out to the QuickBooks support team if you need any further assistance. With the help of the QuickBooks support team, you can get all your queries or issues resolved that you may encounter while working on the QB software. Furthermore, their expertise with the QB software will help you optimize the use of the software and maximize its benefits for your business.