All sizes of businesses recommended QuickBooks, the number and hustle-free accounting software that manages financial activities and records effortlessly. The popularity of this financial accounting software comes with its number of beneficial features, such as financial reporting, inventory management, invoices, etc. QB software supports any accounting management activity you can think of. Despite such amazing features, there are a few situations when you get stuck with some unwanted glitches, and here in this piece of blog, we discuss one such error ‘QuickBooks error ps058’.
This guide contains a perfect amalgamation of major causes which triggered this issue and provides you easy and quick solutions to fix the QuickBooks payroll error ps058, such as checking your internet connectivity, updating the latest release, resetting the setting of QB and other troubleshooting methods which is elaborate below. So, just buckle up and pick all the technical tools just by relaxing your mind and following the guide.
What Does the Term QuickBooks Error ps058 Mean?
The QuickBooks error ps058 is one of the odd issues encountered by the users. There is no such defined cause which leads to this problem. Usually, it happens when one attempts to download the latest payroll update in the software. The reason for this error can be a human mistake, a glitch in a machine or a blend of both. Follow the article below and understand the common causes.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Error ps058
Grabbing the possible reasons behind the error is essential to resolve the issue at its root and prevent it from occurring again. For your guidance, we have compiled a few common reasons why most users generally get stuck with the QuickBooks payroll error ps058.
- It might be your computer’s Windows Explorer files are corrupt.
- The corruption or damage has affected the QuickBooks company file.
- Unable to access the QuickBooks application due to some firewall or other security software.
- Your company file is not on the local drive.
- Saved the wrong Employee Identification Number (EIN) in the file.
- Inactive payroll subscription.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code “ps058”?
Now that you’ve identified the major causes, it’s time to implement the troubleshooting solutions. We’ve listed tried-and-tested methods for resolving QuickBooks error code “ps058” below. All of the steps are recommended by experts and are simple to carry out. So, without any delay, follow the step-by-step instructions to eliminate the error easily.
Solution 1:- Re-Downloading the Payroll Updates
The first step is to re-download the payroll updates; given below is the sequence of actions you should undertake to successfully re-download the payroll to fix the error code ps058 with QuickBooks update:
- Firstly, the user has to navigate to the Payroll Server.
- Now, in the payroll server, Download the Payroll Update again.
- Go to the Help Menu and select the Get Payroll Update option.
- Thereon, check the Download Entire Update checkbox.
- At last, click on the Download latest updates option.
Solution 2:- Check your Payroll Subscription
The next method is to verify your correct payroll service key, which should be saved in the records, as well as learn to reactivate the payroll subscription to eliminate the error in QuickBooks ps058-
- Simply open the QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Employees tab.
- Then go to the My Payroll Service option and click on the Manage Payroll Service.
- Hit the Add Payroll window and check your 12-digit payroll service key is entered correctly.
- Now, click on the Next tab and hit the Finish button.
- Again, go to the Help option and scroll down to Manage My License.
- Click on the Sync License Data Online.
- To reactivate your inactive payroll subscription, open the QuickBooks Desktop again (note: It will slightly change according to your QB payroll version).
- Next, hit the Employee menu option and click on the My Payroll Service.
- Choose the Account/Billing info and log in to your QuickBooks accounting by using your Intuit credentials.
- Go to the Status section and click on the Re-subscribe button.
- Lastly, follow the prompts displayed on your screen to successfully complete the process.
Solution 3:- Open the Error Scan in the Company File
At times, the error may occur due to some glitches in your company file. You can activate the error scan in your company file using the procedure listed below.
To open the Product Information, click on the F2 key, or you can press Ctrl+1. (Do make sure that your QB application is open during this process)
- Now, press the Ctrl+2 or F3 key to open the Product Information window.
- Click on the Tech Help windows and hit the Open File option.
- Open the file, which is named qbwin.log and double-click on it.
- Thereon, to open the small window, press the Ctrl+F key.
- Then, type the Error in the given field and hit the Enter tab.
- At last, spot the numerical error in QuickBooks ps058 and locate the same on the website.
Solution 4:- Download the Latest Update in QuickBooks Online
If the above three methods fail to remove the Payroll updates error ps058, you don’t need to be upset! Perform the steps listed below to download the latest update, which will automatically eliminate the issue.
Note:- Before implementing the steps, make sure that you have a good internet connection in your system.
- First, go to the QuickBooks website and download the qbwebpatch.exe patch file from the support page.
- Then, Save the downloaded file on the computer that has QuickBooks on it.
- Wait till the completion of the Installation of the Patch File.
- Finally, go to the CD/Flash Drive and Update the tax file.
Solution 5:- Use the Reboot.Bat File
Follow the steps below to run the reboot.bat file in your system, which might help you in fixing the QuickBooks error ps058.
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del key and hit the Task Manager option.
- Now, navigate to the Process and open the QuickBooks.
- Choose the End All the Processes button and click on the Start tab.
- Next, navigate to the search field and type reboot.bat.
- After following the above steps, hit the Enter key and choose to run the file.
- Wait until you complete the process; once you have done it, close the process.
- Restart the system again and try to download the current payroll tax table.
Solution 6:- Run the RegCure
Sometimes, running the RegCure resolves the QuickBooks payroll error ps058. Thoroughly read the steps outlined below and follow the same:-
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del key together.
- Search the qbupdate.exe and qbdagent.exe in the program list.
- When you find these files, immediately close them.
- Then, type reboot.bat in the research window.
- Double-tap on the file will open the DOS-type shell.
- Wait until it gets close on its own.
- Lastly, restart your computer and try to download the payroll updates.
Solution 7:- Uninstall and then Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Even after following all the above solutions, your system still showcases the QuickBooks error code “ps058”. Then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the QB application that might help in removing the error:
- Firstly, to uninstall the QuickBooks application, navigate to the Control Panel.
- After that, click on the Add or Remove Programs option.
- In the list of programs, select the QuickBooks and then hit the Remove tab.
- Wait until the uninstallation process is complete; after it’s done, visit the official Intuit website.
- Click on the Download option.
- After completing the downloading process, open your company file and check the status of the error.
In most cases, users can easily remove the QuickBooks error ps058 by implementing the solutions listed above. If the problem still persists or you have additional questions, please contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support Number. Here, our experts will provide you with an immediate solution that will keep all unwanted errors at a distance.