Learn what QuickBooks error C=387 is and the troubleshooting solutions to fix it.
QuickBooks error C=387 is an unexpected error in the QuickBooks software that arises when the registry entry is damaged or corrupted. This error prevents the user from performing any company file-related operations such as payroll, saving transactions, reports, and others. It’s also possible that users can encounter this error due to invoice template issues. As a consequence of this error, you may not be able to print or save documents within the QuickBooks software. This error can be a major challenge for those businesses that rely heavily on QB to manage their financial activities.
This error appears with a pop-up warning message stating, “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue facing this error, please note the C = value and contact technical support.”
Why Does QuickBooks Error C=387 Appear?
Let’s check out the list of some of the most common causes and factors contributing to why you may encounter the QuickBooks error C=387 while working on the software:
- The very common reason behind the QuickBooks error code C=387 is a malware attack.
- Incorrect installation of the QuickBooks software can also lead to the occurrence of such errors.
- Improper shutdowns or breakdowns in the computer.
- Invalid registry entries can also result in QB error C=387.
- If the active firewall settings are blocking QuickBooks from accessing the company file,
- If you have accidentally deleted the important QuickBooks company file.
Read Also:-QuickBooks Error 1722
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error C=387
Once you have understood the possible causes behind the error, now is the right time to unveil the troubleshooting solutions to resolve QuickBooks error C=387. Let’s take a detailed look at them.
Solution 1. Run the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility Tool
Before running the rebuild data utility tool, make sure to have a backup of your QuickBooks company file. This will keep your company file safe and secure from any potential loss.
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks rebuild data utility tool on your PC:
- First of all, navigate to the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Thereon, click on the File menu option and choose the Utilities option.
- After that, opt for the Rebuild Data option.
- With that effect, the rebuild process will commence on your PC.
- As that process ends, click on the OK option.
Now, verify whether the QuickBooks print error C=387 has been fixed or not. If you are still encountering the error, then don’t panic. Just keep following the next solution.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is an immersive tool that helps resolve various kinds of errors with company files and software. By running the tool, you can ensure your QB company file is free from unwanted errors and glitches.
- In order to run the QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) tool on your PC, you have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- For that, navigate to the official website of Intuit products and then download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub (184.108.40.206).
- Open the downloaded file and keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed on your PC.
- Now, launch the tool hub on your PC and then choose the Company File Issues option, which is available on the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option, and then you will be prompted to choose your company file.
- Select your company file from the list. If you can’t find your company file, then click on the Browse option and manually navigate to the location where your company file is saved.
- Click on the Next option, and the repair process will start on your PC.
Solution 3. Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Application
Here are the steps that you can follow to repair the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation:
- First of all, open the Control Panel settings on your PC.
- Thereon, navigate to the Programs & Features tab.
- Now, search there for the QuickBooks desktop application and then select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall/ Repair option.
- Click on the Next option, and then hit the Repair option.
- At last, restart your computer and verify whether the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 4. Fix the Template Error
Another solution you can follow to deal with the QuickBooks error C=387 is to fix the template error. By doing so, you will be able to prevent the errors that might arise because of template errors.
So, below are the actions that you can follow to fix the template error on your PC;
- If you have deactivated the template option, then navigate to the Lists, Template option.
- Now, search there for a template, and then choose the Open Forum option.
- Keep following the steps again and again, unless the template is showing an error.
- Thereon, close the forum and choose the template with the error on the Template Window.
- Now, edit the templates and check whether the error has been terminated or not.
Solution 5. Run the Re-Image Tool.
Running the reimage tool will help resolve the underlying system issues that might be leading to the template error on your PC. This tool automatically scans your PC for corrupted files and replaces them with fresh copies. Let’s take a look at the steps that you can follow to run the reimage repair tool on your computer:
- The first step is to download and install the reimage tool on your computer.
- Thereon, launch the tool, and you will see a welcome message on your PC screen.
- Now, you have to uncheck the particular checkbox, and the scanning process will commence automatically.
- After that, click on the Install option.
- With that effect, the particular reimage tool will be installed on your PC.
- This tool will automatically download all the needed updates for your system.
- The initial scanning will start on your computer. As the scanning process ends, you will get a notification showing all the damaged areas.
- At last, click on the Start Repair option, and then restart your computer.
Resolving the QuickBooks error C=387 is not a complex task. By executing the steps shown above, you can easily get rid of the error. However, if the above-listed steps do not help in resolving the error or if you face any issues while performing the steps, then we advise you to get in touch with the QuickBooks customer support team. Experts are available 24 hours a day to attend to your query and help you use the QuickBooks software smoothly and efficiently.
Read Also:-QuickBooks Error H101