No doubt, QuickBooks is one of the most advanced accounting software programs that comes with a lot of features and benefits. It’s a useful and handy tool to handle all business operations efficiently. But, just like any other accounting software, there are some circumstances in which this multitasking software is stuck with multiple errors and bugs that hamper businesses from performing their accounting activities. One of the most common error that we are going to discuss today is QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
In this guide, we have listed the possible causes of why you may be encountering the error, along with the troubleshooting methods that you can execute to get the error resolved.
An Overview of QuickBooks Error Code: 80029c4a
QuickBooks Error Code: 80029c4a, also called a run-time error, generally appears when users try to launch the QuickBooks desktop application on their workstation.
Users will be able to recognize the error with a pop-up display message:
As the user will click on the OK option, thereon an another error message will appear on the screen i.e
Possible Reasons Behind Error Code 80029c4a in QB Desktop
Some of the most possible reasons why a user may encounter the error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks Desktop are listed below. Well, there can be multiple reasons for the error, but some of the most common are listed below:
- If the QuickBooks desktop application is not installed properly or if you have downloaded the wrong version.
- Corrupted Windows registry.
- Damaged or missing DLL files in QuickBooks can also lead to error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks.
- If the QB desktop file has been affected by trojans or viruses.
- Sometimes, the antivirus software can also block the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Windows has been suddenly shut down during the installation process.
Signs and Symptoms of QB Error 80029c4a
With the right signs and symptoms, it becomes easy to identify the QuickBooks error 80029c4a, “error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL).” Here is a list of common symptoms through which users can easily recognize the error:
- The system is running slowly or not responding to the user’s commands.
- The QuickBooks desktop application suddenly crashes and then does not open.
- A pop-up display message reflecting error code 80029c4a appears on the PC screen.
- The system is sluggish at frequent intervals.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
After having a detailed understanding of the possible reasons and symptoms behind the QuickBooks error 80029c4a, let’s take a look at the tested methods that you can execute step-by-step to eliminate the error hassle-free.
Method 1. Launch the QuickBooks Reboot.bat File
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Thereon, move to the folder where you want to reboot.bat file.
- After that, do a right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon, followed by a click on the “Properties” option.
- Now, do a single click on the “Open File Location” option.
- Moving ahead, do a right-click on the “Reboot.bat” file and then select the “Run as System Administrator” option.
- This will reset all the system settings that the QuickBooks software makes automatically over time.
- As the reboot process ends, the opened window tab will be closed automatically.
- At last, perform a reboot of your device.
Method 2. Fix the Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Files
One of the common reasons behind the error 80029c4a is damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation files. In that scenario, below are the steps that you must execute to get the error resolved:
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application on your device, and then press the Windows key on your device.
- Navigate to the Control Panel settings on your PC, and then click on the Uninstall or Change Program option.
- From the list of installed programs and applications, click on the QuickBooks option.
- Moving ahead, click on the Uninstall/Change option.
- With that effect, the QuickBooks Installation window will appear on the screen, and then click on the Next option.
- After that, again click on Next, and then click on the Repair button.
- Once the repair process ends, click on the Finish option.
After you perform the above-listed steps, then perform a restart of your PC and verify if the QuickBooks 2014 error code 80029c4a has been terminated or not. If the error still exists, then there might be some chance that the error is arising because of the outdated version of QuickBooks desktop software.
Method 3. Install New Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
Given below are the actions that you can undertake to update the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release:
- Before you begin with the process, we suggest you reinstall QuickBooks with the help of the clean install tool.
- Thereon, update the QuickBooks desktop application to the latest release version.
- After that, move to the File menu, and then close the company or log off.
- Choose the file, and then click on the Exit option.
- Followed by the above steps, login to your PC in administrator mode.
- Here, you must ensure that no company file is currently open on your PC.
Method 4. Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes, re-installing the software through normal steps may not help in fixing complex errors. Hence, it’s recommended to perform a clean install of the QuickBooks desktop software. Below are the steps that you can take to get it done:
- First, gather all the necessary details regarding your QuickBooks product account.
- Thereon, download the installer for the particular version of QuickBooks software.
- Now, note down the product year and version, along with the license number, which can be found on the original packaging or through the purchase confirmation email.
- Move ahead in the procedure by uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Navigate to the Windows start menu and open Control Panel settings.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- From the list of downloaded programs, select the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Select the Uninstall option, click Next, and then execute the on-screen instructions.
- At last, Reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
Now, verify if the above-listed steps have helped you troubleshoot the error or not.
Method 5. Launch the Windows System File Checker
This is an excellent command to deal with the unwanted errors that are arising because of corrupted system files.
- Hit the Enter button on your keyword and type Command in the search bar.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift keys together, followed by pressing the Enter button.
- As the permission dialog box appears on the screen, click on the Yes option.
- Followed by the above steps, enter SFC/ Scannow and hit the Enter button.
- Thereon, the System File Checker will perform a complete scan of the PC.
- Keep following the on-screen prompt instructions to get the error resolved.
Method 6. Update Avast Program and Virus Description
Let’s take a brief look at the steps that you can execute to get the process done:
- The first task is to launch the Avast Virus Definition and make sure that all the programs are updated.
- Thereon, do a right-click on the Avast icon, followed by a click on the Update button.
- To update the Avast program, click on the Program tab and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Repeat the same steps again, and this time, select the Engine and Virus option.
Read Also :- QBDBMGRN not running on this computer
We hope that the above-listed tips and instructions will help you resolve QuickBooks 2015 error 80029c4a. If you are still unable to overcome the issue, then you must connect with the QuickBooks enterprise support representative. Trained experts will deeply understand your query and will surely help you overcome the issue with no effort and in less time.