QuickBooks error 6000 77 is a common error in the 6000 series, which occurs when the user tries to access their company file. It mainly occurs when the multi-user mode is enabled or when the users don’t have sufficient rights to access the company file. It appears with a pop-up display message:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.”
In order to help you overcome the QuickBooks desktop error code 6000 77, we are going to highlight a few of the tried and tested solutions that you can execute step-by-step to eliminate the error.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Let’s briefly look at the list of possible reasons why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error 6000 and 77 while working on it.
- Outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Corrupted or damaged network data (.ND) or transaction log file (.TLG).
- If the company file is missing from the internal storage of the workstation.
- If you are not using the admin mode to access the QuickBooks software, it can also lead to QB error 6000-77.
- Antivirus settings can also block the QuickBooks software from accessing the company file.
- Poor internet settings.
- Either the file path is incorrect, or the mapped drive is broken.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Let’s take a look at the list of the possible signs and symptoms which indicate the QB error 6000 77.
- PC screen suddenly hangs and crashes frequently.
- A pop-up display message reflecting error code 6000 77 appears on the computer screen.
- Unable to launch the QuickBooks software.
- PC suddenly shut down.
- The keyboard and mouse become inactive.
- Users may also face difficulties while accessing or opening the company file.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error PS036
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77
After thoroughly understanding the possible factors and symptoms of the error -6000 -77 QB, let’s briefly discuss the remedies you can follow to eliminate the error.
Solution 1. Change the Location of Company File
The first solution we suggest you execute to deal with QuickBooks Enterprise error 6000 77 is moving the company file to a different location. Below are the steps which you can undertake to complete the process;
- Open the File Manager on your PC by pressing the Windows + E keys together.
- Thereon, navigate to the C:\drive and create a new folder named QBtesting123.
- Now, move to the location where the QuickBooks company files are saved on your PC.
- Search here for the file ending with the extension as .Qbw and right-click on it.
- Select the Copy option from the list, and then paste the file into the newly created folder.
- After that, make sure to provide Windows Access Permissions to share the company file.
Once you finish the above steps, close all the current tabs and launch the QuickBooks desktop software. Attempt to access the company file from a different location and verify if the QuickBooks enterprise error code 6000 77 has been repaired.
Solution 2. Rename ND & TLG Files
The next solution we suggest you follow is renaming the QuickBooks network data and transaction log files. If these files get damaged or corrupted accidentally and may lead to error 6000 77, then renaming the files can help you fix the error.
Here are the steps that you can follow to rename the network data and transaction log files:
- The first step is to navigate to the folder where you have saved the QuickBooks company file on your PC.
- After that, search there for the file ending with .ND extension.
- Right-click on the file and then select the Rename option from the menu.
- Following the above steps, add .old at the end of the file name.
- In a similar way, rename the extension of the transaction log file from .TLG to .tlg.old.
Following the completion of the above steps, open QuickBooks software on your PC and check if the QB desktop error 6000 77 has been fixed.
Solution 3. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a diagnostic tool created by Intuit that assists users in resolving unwanted errors related to data corruption and network and company files.
Hence, it would be wise to implement QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) to resolve QB errors 6000 and 77. So, here are the steps that you can follow to get the same done:
Note: In order to run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you first have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation from the official website of Intuit.
Solution 4. Open Company File Through Different Location
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can execute to access the QuickBooks company file from a different location:
- Move to the desktop screen and right-click on the QuickBooks desktop software icon.
- Thereon, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, don’t release the ctrl key until the No Company Window appears on your screen.
- Switch to the File tab and then choose the Open or Restore Company option, which is available under the list of available options.
- Following the above steps, select the Network option and then navigate to the folder where you have saved your QuickBooks company file.
- After that, select your data file, and then click on the Open option.
If you are able to access the company file without any glitches, then it indicates that the QuickBooks error code 6000 77 has been fixed.
Solution 5. Delete Blank Spaces from File Name
If the above methods do not work for you, we advise you to delete the blank spaces from the QuickBooks company file name.
Given below are the steps that you can execute to get the process done:
- The first step is to log out from the QuickBooks desktop software on your workstation.
- Thereupon, navigate to the folder where the QB company files are saved.
- Search there for your company file and right-click on it.
- Select the Rename option and provide a name for the company file.
- Here, you must avoid providing any space in the company file.
- Finally, save the new name of the file.
Now, close all the active windows on your PC and re-login to the QuickBooks desktop software. Thereon, verify whether these steps have helped you rectify the error.
Solution 6. Duplicate the Corrupted Folder
In a scenario, if the QB error 6000 77 arises due to the damaged company folder, then recreating or duplicating the damaged folder into a different location will be a positive step to fix the error.
Below outlined are the instructions that you can execute to recreate the damaged folder on your PC:
- First, move to the C:\ drive on your computer and create a new folder.
- Thereon, navigate back to the pre-existing folder, where you have saved the QB company file.
- Now, search there for the file ending with the extension as .qbw.
- Do a right-click on the file and select the Copy option.
- After that, provide Windows access permissions to share the company files.
- At last, try to access the QuickBooks company file from the new location.
Solution 7. Alter Firewall and Internet Settings
Beware; the restrictive firewall or Internet security settings can also prevent the QuickBooks desktop application from communicating properly with the server. Henceforth, it may lead to various errors, including the QuickBooks 6000 77 error.
Therefore, modifying the firewall and internet server settings can help you troubleshoot the error. Here are the actions that you can undertake to get the process done:
- First, configure your Firewall Port Settings. The QuickBooks desktop application requires it to communicate properly with the company file.
- After that, you must ensure to configure Exceptions for all the ports available under the firewall settings.
- Thereon, don’t forget to install or configure the antivirus defender on your computer.
Read Also :-QuickBooks error 6190 816
At the end of this post, we hope the above solutions will help you eliminate the QuickBooks error 6000 77. If you are stuck at any point with the solutions, we advise you to contact the QuickBooks experts. Sometimes, if the error is not dealt with properly on time, it can damage the company file. Therefore, don’t waste your precious time and get immediate help from the trained experts.