QuickBooks is one of the most popular and widely used accounting software in today’s market. Entrepreneurs of small and medium-sized businesses use it to seamlessly manage their financial activities. It comes with advanced built-in tools and features that simplify accounting tasks. However, just like any other accounting software, QuickBooks software is also prone to various errors, and one such common error is QuickBooks error 3180.
As a team of trained experts, we have received numerous complaints regarding the QuickBooks error code 3180, and that’s why we decided to come up with a strong informative blog that will empower thousands of users to resolve the QB error 3180 on their own. So, if you also want to get the error resolved without any hassle, then you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this blog.
What Exactly is QuickBooks Error 3180?
QuickBooks error 3180 is a part of the 3000-series POS errors that generally arise because of damaged payment items. It mainly occurs during a financial exchange between QuickBooks Point of Sale and the desktop version. It could happen when the sales tax payable account’s mapping is inaccurate.
QuickBooks status error code 3180 appears with numerous messages with different status, which are highlighted below:
- Status code 3180: The General Journal Transaction failed to be saved.
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line needs a vendor.
- Status code: 3180 Status message: An error occurs while saving the “Employee, Name” element in an employee’s list.
- Status Code 3180: Unable to save the sales receipt.
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: Invalid posting account.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 3180
It’s important to understand the possible causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 3180. It will help in understanding the underlying cause and may help to resolve the error more efficiently. So, here is a list of the possible causes why you may encounter the QB error 3180 while working on the software:
- The account mapping settings of the sales tax payable account are incorrect.
- The payment item is incorrect or damaged.
- An active antivirus application can also lead to the occurrence of error code 3180 on a QuickBooks desktop.
- If you have executed a paid-out for the sales tax payable account,
- The sales tax item in the QuickBooks desktop is not properly connected with any of the vendors.
- If you are using the sales tax payable account as the targeted account for more than one item on the receipt, then it can emerge as QB error code 3180.
Read Also :-QuickBooks error 6000 832
Ways to Identify QuickBooks Error 3180
Let’s explore some of the possible ways through which you can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3180:
- Unable to save any new sales receipts.
- Your computer is unable to respond to new commands provided by the mouse and keyboard.
- QuickBooks software automatically shuts down and then does not respond.
- A pop-up display message reflecting error code 3180 appears on the desktop screen.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3180
It’s time to go through the detailed solutions that you can follow step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error code 3180. Here is a list of tried-and-tested solutions that you can follow to troubleshoot the error:
Solution 1: Combine Items in QuickBooks
The first step we suggest you follow to deal with the error 3180 QB is to merge or combine items. By doing this, you can eliminate any conflicts or duplicate items that may lead to errors.
- First of all, navigate to the QuickBooks desktop software and head over to the List section.
- Thereon, click on the Item section, and then choose the Include Inactive section.
- To sort the list, you have to click on the Type Header option.
- Moving ahead, rename the Point of Sale items, and then do a right-click on the Payment Item, which starts with the point of sale.
- After that, click on the Edit Items option, name the item old, and click on the OK option.
- Following the above steps, run the Financial Exchange and then combine the duplicate items in QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, right-click on the payment ending with OLD.
- After that, click on the Edit item option, and then remove Old.
- Subsequently, save the changes by clicking on the OK and Yes options.
Solution 2. Change the Name of Financial Methods
The next solution that we advise you to follow to deal with the QuickBooks error 3180 is to rename the financial methods. Given below are the steps that you can follow to rename the financial methods:
- First of all, navigate to the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation.
- After that, head over to the Customer and Vendor Profile Lists section, which is available under the Lists menu.
- Next, select the Payment Method option, and then click on the Cash Method option.
- Thereon, select the Edit Payment Method option, and then you will be able to see the letter X at the start of the payment method field.
- Now, right-click on the Cash Method option and then choose the New option.
- Subsequently, rename it to Cash and then start with the Financial Exchange option.
- Here, if necessary, rename all the payment options and then verify whether the QuickBooks error code 3180 has been terminated or not.
If you are still facing the error, then there are some chances that the error might arise when there is no vendor assigned to the sales tax item. In that case, don’t panic and try the next solution.
Solution 3. Assign a Vendor to the Sales Tax Item
If you have not assigned a specific vendor to the sales tax item, then it can lead to QuickBooks error 3180. Therefore, we recommend you assign a vendor to the sales tax item. Given below are the steps that you can follow to assign a vendor to the sales tax item:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation.
- Thereon, move to the Item List option and choose the Include Inactive option.
- After that, click on the Type Column option.
- This will sort all the items in the list.
- Now, you have to ensure that a specific tax agency is assigned to all the sales tax items.
Dealing with the QuickBooks error 3180 is not a challenging task. With the proper understanding and guidance, you can easily assign a vendor to the sales tax item and resolve the error code 3180 QB efficiently. If you face any issues while executing the above-listed steps or if the error still persists, then we advise you to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team. Experts will help you troubleshoot the issue easily and hassle-free.
Read Also :-Delete a deposit in QuickBooks