QuickBooks error 179 occurs when there is a problem with the user’s banking account. The primary reason behind this problem is a down-bank server, which prevents the QB software from downloading the transaction or if the user uses incorrect login credentials. To resolve this error, the user should first begin verifying and updating their bank credentials. It is also critical to investigate any ongoing maintenance or issues with the bank’s server. If you are still experiencing the error code 179 QB, this guide is for you; here, you will find all of the necessary updates to help you easily prevent the error.
A Brief About QuickBooks Error 179
QuickBooks error 179 is a common issue that occurs when your account is not working properly. Due to this error, you are not able to access your company data. Besides, the error will lock out of your own bank account, and the error message will start displaying on your screen. That will cause a serious disturbance in your daily workflow with QuickBooks. In addition, this problem will cause your company files to become corrupted if it is not resolved in time. Therefore, it is recommended that this error be removed as soon as possible to save data.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error 15240
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 179?
Bank servers and temporary online files are some of the most common reasons that lead to QuickBooks error 179. But this is not enough; there are some other reasons that triggered this problem. Listed below are some other causes that trigger this error code. Let’s review!
- The transactions in your database are corrupted or lost.
- One more season of encountering error 179 QuickBooks desktop is faults in your financial reports such as bills or in your invoices.
- Also, if your company file is no longer present on the host system in which your QB application is operating, then you will face this error.
- Your system is infected with any virus attack.
- When you use the wrong credentials to log in to QB software.
- Poor internet connection.
- Sometimes, it also occurs when the user forgets to log out of the last session.
Important Points to Keep in Mind Before Solutions
There are a few things that are recommended for smooth and glitch-free processing. Make sure you read each and every pointer and follow the same:-
- Make sure before implementing the solutions you are not logged in to your bank account on multiple devices like your phones, tablets, etc.
- Before reconnecting the account, make sure to select the correct bank account in the QB application.
- Cross-check your internet connection; it should be smooth and high-speed so that QB can connect with the bank server without any glitches.
- If you are using mobile banking, then ensure that all the background-app refresh options are disabled because it will show you as active even when you are logged out.
What are the Symptoms of Error 179 QuickBooks?
When the error 179 QuickBooks appears in your QB application, you may notice the following symptoms:-
- Your company file gets damaged or corrupted.
- The windows start performing slowly.
- The QuickBooks desktop shuts down suddenly.
- At the time of operation, the QB starts entering the null or void values.
- Start missing the essential data in your software.
Quick Solutions to Resolve Error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop
Error 179 in QuickBooks desktop is a non-technical error which you can easily resolve by just changing a few settings in your browser or the software. Follow the step-by-step guidance to eliminate the error without any hassle:-
Solution 1:- Repair the Windows Registry
The very first solution to remove error 179 in QuickBooks desktop is to start repairing the Windows registry. Read carefully and follow the guidance:-
- First, you have to click on the Start option and go to the Search bar.
- Now, click on the Command and hit the Enter tab.
- Type Regedit in the black box which appears on your screen.
- Next, select the error 179 related key.
- Then, Save the Key information.
- Also, you have to create another file and assign a name to it.
- Choose the Reg Extension and click on the Save button.
- Lastly, try to log in to the bank website to check if the issue is solved.
Solution 2:- Solving the Browser Issue
If the above solution is not helpful to you, then cleaning your browser by following the steps listed below will surely help you remove this error. The browser cookies are notorious for triggering this issue, not only in the QB application but in all the other software as well:-
- Sign out of your bank website on your system on the network where the QuickBooks desktop is installed.
- Now, delete the browsing history.
- Also, clear the cache for any user account to which you may have access to QuickBooks’ bank account.
- Lastly, log into the bank account and try to access the information.
Solution 3:- Update the Information in your Bank Account
To update in your bank account, you have to follow the process mentioned below:-
- Firstly, navigate to the Tools section and click on the Online Center option.
- Now, choose the financial institution that you are looking for to update.
- Then, Press the Ctrl + F3 to open a new window.
- Hit the Contact Information option.
- Thereon, click on the Financial Institution option again and click on the Refresh button.
- Choose the Update option.
- Sometimes, it asks you to enter the password, so enter it.
- Click on the B and start the Updating process.
- Once the updating process is done, check if the QuickBooks error 179 is still persistent or not.
Solution 4:- Log Out your Online Banking Account
If you are still encountering the error, then another effective technique is to log out of the previously logged-in account of the bank account and then again log in to the online banking account:-
- First, sign out from the bank website from all the computer systems.
- Now, check that no one is using the same credentials to log in to the account.
- Finally, log in to the account as an Admin.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error ps107
Solution 5:- Run the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Tool
The answer to your question: How do I fix error 179 in QuickBooks? This is resolved when you use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool by following the listed below steps:-
- First, close any open windows on the QB desktop.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program in your system.
- Now, run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file in order to install the software.
- Follow the instructions that are showcased on your screen to start the installation process.
- Click yes to all the Terms and Conditions of Intuit Company.
- Thereon, double-click on the Icon to open the Tool Hub program.
- Hit the Company File Issues option.
- Then, hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. ( it may take 1 minute to open)
- Once it opens, select the Company File in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Browse to search for the file and choose Check the File option.
- Hit the Continue button.
- And finally, enter the Password for QB as admin and click on the Next tab.
Read Also :- QuickBooks error 15215
Ending the Walkthrough!
In the end, we hope that the solutions provided above will assist you in easily removing QuickBooks error 179. Banking errors can cause havoc in your workflow, so you should address them right away. Begin by verifying your online banking credentials, then work with your bank to resolve any potential issues. Additionally, make certain that your QuickBooks software is up to date. You can improve the stability of your financial transactions and reduce the impact of Error 179 on your QuickBooks experience by following these steps. If you still require technical assistance, please contact our QuickBooks Support Team Number right away.