QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most popular and useful accounting software programs that helps businesses of all sizes manage their accounting activities. From invoicing to cash flow management and financial reporting, QuickBooks helps businesses streamline their financial processes and make informed decisions. Every year, Intuit releases new updates that cater to the changing needs and demands of businesses. It ensures that QuickBooks users stay updated with the latest features and improvements. Despite releasing new updates every year, QuickBooks users often get stuck while updating their software and fall into various errors. One of the common errors is QuickBooks error 16026.
We have received many queries from our users regarding the QuickBooks error code 16026. We understand how frustrating an error can be, especially when it hampers your workflow. Therefore, in this guide, we are going to provide detailed information about the QuickBooks error 16026. Right from its causes to the troubleshooting steps, we will cover every aspect that will help you resolve the error and get back to using the software smoothly.
What is QuickBooks Error 16026?
QuickBooks error 16026 is a common update error in QB that occurs when you try to download or install the latest updates in the software. This error can also arise due to a damaged or corrupted company file. QB error code 16026 indicates that the user will not be able to update the software to the latest release and can’t enjoy its latest features.
This error may also arise due to a poor internet connection, damaged installation files, or other connectivity errors. If not dealt with on time, this error can impact the functionality of the QuickBooks software, and it may even lead to potential data loss or inaccuracy in financial records.
What are the causes of Error 16026 in QuickBooks?
If you want to troubleshoot the error more effectively and prevent it from occurring again, it’s important to understand the causes behind it. This will help you identify the root cause and take appropriate measures to resolve the error. So, let’s take a look at the list of possible factors and reasons why you may encounter the QB error code 16026:
- Poor internet connection.
- If you are using an outdated version of the Windows operating system, then it can create compatibility issues with the new QB updates and may lead to the QuickBooks error 16026.
- If you have not installed the QuickBooks software properly.
- An older version of Internet Explorer can also result in the QuickBooks error code 16026.
- If your PC fails to meet the minimum requirements to run the software.
You may Read Also :-QuickBooks Error 15217
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 16026
If you have identified the exact cause of why you are facing the error, then you can directly perform the appropriate solution to fix QuickBooks error code 16026. Otherwise, we advise you to keep following all the solutions one by one.
Solution 1. Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic is an in-built tool in the QuickBooks tool hub that Intuit specifically designed to help users resolve installation errors. This tool automatically scans and diagnoses the installation issues with the QuickBooks software. So, here are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your PC to resolve QuickBooks error 16026:
- The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit Products.
- Thereon, launch the tool hub on your workstation.
- Now, click on the Installation Issues option, which is available on the left-side menu screen.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option available in the green color box.
- Moving ahead, a window will appear on your screen. Here, you have to choose your company file.
- If you can’t find your company file from the list, then click on the Browse option and manually choose your company file.
- After that, click on the scan option.
With that effect, the tool will automatically start the scanning and repair process of the installation and update errors with the QuickBooks software. Thereon, verify whether the QuickBooks error 16026 has been resolved or not.
Solution 2. Manually Download New Updates in QuickBooks
Another solution that we recommend you follow to deal with the QuickBooks error 16026 is to manually download the new QB updates. This will ensure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks software on your PC.
Here are the steps that you can follow to manually download new updates to your QuickBooks software:
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC.
- Thereon, click on the Help menu option, and then choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that, hit Options and then choose Mark-All.
- Moving ahead, click on the Save option.
- Now, navigate to the Update Now section, and then check the Reset Update Box option.
- Thereon, click on the Get Updates option.
Once you are done with the above steps, launch the QuickBooks desktop application and install the new updates.
Solution 3. Close all the Pending QuickBooks Processes
Too many active and pending processes with the QuickBooks software can cause issues with the updating process. Therefore, we advise you to close all the pending processes before attempting to install the new updates. Let’s take a look towards the procedure that you can follow to close all the pending processes of QuickBooks software:
- First of all, open the Task Manager on your PC by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Therefore, search there for all the QuickBooks-related processes.
- Select all the processes one by one and right-click on them.
- Followed by the above steps in the procedure, click on the End Task option.
- Now, perform the above steps for all processes.
Once you are done with the above steps, launch the software and verify whether the error 16026 in QuickBooks Desktop has been terminated or not.
Solution 4. Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
Sometimes, incorrect settings in Internet Explorer can also cause an error 16026 QuickBooks desktop. Therefore, we recommend you verify the browser’s settings on your PC. Following are the actions that you can undertake to do it;
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser on your PC.
- Thereon, navigate to the Help menu option.
- Now, select the About Internet Explorer option from the drop-down menu list and check the version that you are using.
- If you notice that you are running a version older than 6.0, then you must download the latest version of the browser.
- Also, make sure to check the Cipher Strength. If you find it lower than 128-bit, then you must get an upgraded encryption pack for the same.
Solution 5. Modify the Banking Settings in QuickBooks
Let’s take a look at the steps that you can execute step-by-step to modify the banking settings in your QuickBooks desktop account:
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC, and then go to the Financial Institution Catalog.
- Thereon, click on the Banking option, and then choose the Online Banking option.
- After that, move to the Available Financial Institutions option.
- Now, if you are able to see the Financial Institution directory on the screen, then it indicates that QuickBooks has access to Intuit’s online services.
Thereon, try to update the QuickBooks software again and check whether QuickBooks error 16026 has been resolved or not.
Solution 6. Rename QuickBooks ND and TLG Files
If the QuickBooks update error 1626 is arising due to the damaged company file, then renaming the files can help you resolve the error. The actions that you can undertake to achieve it are as follows:
- First of all, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then choose the Open Company File location.
- This will navigate you to the company file folder.
- After that, search there for the file ending with the extension “.nd.”.
- Do right-click on the same and then add .old at the end of the name.
- With that effect, the file name must end as .nd.old.
- Once you are done with that, then perform the same steps again with the Transaction Log File (TLG).
- Rename its extension to .tlg.old.
At last, close all the active applications on your PC, and then try to update the QB software again.
Resolving the update errors in QuickBooks software is not a difficult task. In this guide, we have shown the complete procedure for how you can fix QuickBooks error 16026. You can easily follow the steps mentioned above to resolve the error. However, if the above-listed steps do not help you resolve the error, then we advise you to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team. Experts are available 24/7 to attend to your query and will provide you with further assistance to resolve the error.
You may Read Also :-QuickBooks Error 15102