Are you stuck between the QuickBooks error 15103 while downloading and installing the updates? Relax! It is a common error that the user encounters, especially during the updating process. Each and every software requires an update to enhance its features. The same goes with QuickBooks, which needed time-to-time updates. However, the user sometimes gets the error code 15103 while updating the application because of damaged or corrupt company files.
Hence, repairing this issue has become the most essential task for users to download and install updates successfully. Scroll down for a detailed overview of the various reasons for the QuickBooks error 15103 and pro-expert solutions to fix it. So, without wasting more time, let us begin the procedure!
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15103?
It is recommended that you first understand what caused QuickBooks error 15103. This will aid in determining the root cause, allowing the user to precisely identify the best solution to eliminate this error. Here, we combine a few common causes that may have contributed to the error.
- The QB software is not able to verify the digital signature of the company files.
- The Microsoft Internet Explorer is not correctly connected.
- The issue with the Windows registry is becoming the reason behind error 15103 QuickBooks desktop.
- Your system’s installation files are either damaged or corrupted.
- Maybe the installation process in your system is incorrect.
- The attack of some virus or malware infection in your device.
- When you are using an outdated OS, Windows, or it might be incompatible with your current QB version.
- Unsuccessful QuickBooks installation process.
- QB software is not able to access the internet because of incorrect firewall settings.
- Incorrect time and date in your system causing the incompatibility in the software.
Methods for Addressing the Error 15103 QuickBooks
Now that you’ve determined the cause of this problem, it’s time to put the troubleshooting solutions in place to eliminate the error 15103 QuickBooks. Let’s go through the process step by step:-
Method 1:- Run the Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop
The very first step is to perform the clean install of QuickBooks desktop to remove the error code 15103. Follow the steps stated below:-
- Firstly, Uninstall the QB desktop in your system.
- Now, download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then open it.
- Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder.
- After renaming, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and check if the update error code 15103 still persists.
Method 2:- Use the QB Reboot.bat File as a Windows Admin
The next method is to run the QuickBooks reboot.bat file by using Windows as an admin:-
- First, launch the QuickBooks application and click on the Properties option.
- Then, choose the Open File Location tab.
- Now, in the search box, type reboot or reboot.bat and then right-click on it.
- Choose the option Run as Administrator option.
- Hit the Yes tab and restart your system to check the status of the error.
Method 3:- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
If the first two methods fail to resolve the QuickBooks update error 15103, running the QuickBooks Tool Hub in your system may decode the problem and resolve it quickly by simply following the simple steps outlined below:-
- You need to download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Now, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Program Problem option. This will activate the QuickBooks Fix My Problem tool.
- Then, check the status of the error; if it still appears, then navigate to the Company File Issues option.
- Choose the QuickBooks File Doctor utility.
- Moving ahead, open your Company File and hit the Check your File and Network option to repair the file and network issues.
- At last, click on the Continue option and enter your Admin Password.
Method 4:- Install Digital Signature Certificate
Sometimes, the error code 15103 in QuickBooks desktop emerges when the application is not able to decode the digital signature. Follow the steps stated below to install the digital signature certificate:-
- First, start the window and click on the Program File.
- Now, go to Intuit and hit the QuickBooks option to search the QBW32.exe window.
- If you cannot find the QBW32.exe then you have to click on the More Result in the Windows search.
- On the following screen, select the Computer Icon.
- Next, in the Search Result, find the QBW.exe and open it.
- After opening the application, go to the Properties tab.
- Choose the Digital Signature and make sure that Intuit Inc is selected.
- Click on the Details option and hit the View Certificate.
- Moving ahead, in the Certificate window, click on the Install Certificate option.
- Then, hit the Next tab until the Finish tab displays on your screen.
- Click on the Finish option and restart your system.
- After completing the restarting process, open the QB application.
- Lastly, try to download the updates again.
If you are still not able to update the application, then running the window in a safe mode might help in eliminating the error 15103 QuickBooks.
Method 5:- Switch the Window to the Safe Mode
By reinstalling the application and activating the selective startup mode, you can easily resolve this issue. To get the process accomplished, follow the steps listed below:-
- First, open the Run Window by pressing the Windows + R.
- Now, in the search box, type msconfig and hit the Enter button.
- Go to the General tab and tick the Selective Startup option.
- Following the above steps, make sure you uncheck the Load System Services option.
- Click on the OK tab and restart your system to rerun the QB application.
- Lastly, check the status of the error and switch back to the Normal Startup Mode. After that, restart the system again.
Method 6:- Run the Windows File Repair
One of the most common reasons for QuickBooks update error 15103 is damaged or corrupted company files. These damaged files also lead to a number of glitches in the workflow. Hence, Microsoft offers various tools to resolve such types of files, and one such tool is Windows Repair. To learn how to run this tool, follow the listed below step-by-step guidance:-
- To start the process, you have to shut down all the programs running in the background.
- Then, right-click on the Taskbar and go to the menu.
- In the menu, open the Task Manager and click on This Program.
- Now, choose the End Task to close all of them.
- Note:- make sure to close all the programs so that the further process doesn’t get disturbed.
- After closing all the programs, navigate to the Windows search space and type Control Panel.
- Then, click on the Top Result to open this window.
- Go to the Programs and Features option to uninstall the program in the control panel.
- Thereon, in the next windows, you will be able to see the currently installed programs on your computer. Here, you have to click on the QuickBooks version you currently want to update.
- Choose the option Change/Uninstall, and for confirmation, click on the Yes option.
- Click on the Next tab when the uninstall window emerges on your screen.
- Moving ahead, hit the Repair tab and click on the Next option.
- If your windows show you an error that says:- particular window is open, ignore that only if you followed the above steps carefully.
- Lastly, restart your computer after finishing the repair process and open the QB to check if the error code 15103 in QuickBooks desktop still persists.
If yes, then don’t worry; upgrading the QuickBooks desktop might help you eliminate this issue.
Method 7:- Upgrade the QB Desktop by Downloading the Latest Updates
To erase the glitch known as QuickBooks error 15103, you need to update the QB to the latest release. Wondering how? Simply follow the listed below steps thoroughly:-
- First, in the C drive, navigate to the Program Data menu.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Folder and go to its Components.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Help menu by opening the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and go to the Update Now tab.
- In the update tab, click on the Reset Update and click on the Get Updates option.
- Wait until the downloading process is completed; after that, restart the QB application.
- Hit the Install Now tab to install the recently downloaded updates.
End of Walkthrough!
The QuickBooks error 15103 is a common issue encountered during the updating of the QB software and the payroll function. As mentioned above, we have highlighted seven expert-suggested solutions that you can follow to fix this glitch. Additionally, we have mentioned the possible reasons which triggered the error. If you still have any queries, we advise you to seek assistance from our QuickBooks Support Experts. Our 24/7 running help services deeply understand your problem and may provide you with a customized solution that resolves your query in one go.