It becomes really frustrating when the ongoing process suddenly stops and displays an error message on your screen. One such irritating error is QuickBooks error 1328, a technical glitch that emerges from nowhere. This error occurs due to damaged program files, invalid entries in the Windows registry or poor connectivity. The error comes with the sudden shutdown of your system, which doesn’t allow it to work on your QuickBooks desktop.
Hence, decoding the problem will become the first thing for the user. Well, you don’t need to worry about this because you have come to the right place. This blog is here to provide you with tried and tested troubleshooting solutions, including the various causes, signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 1328. So, without wasting much time, let’s start the procedure!
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
QuickBooks error code 1328 is basically an update error that is caused by the .tmp files located in the config.msi folder. Many people face this issue when trying to repair the QuickBooks software. Listed below, we have discussed some common contributory causes that triggered this error. Let’s take an overview.
What would be the Cause of QuickBooks Error 1328?
The first step before implementing a solution is to determine the root causes of the QuickBooks error 1328 error updating file. We have briefly illustrated the reasons below, so please read carefully:
- When your downloading process is improper.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks software files.
- The virus attacks or malware your system.
- Poor internet connection failure to complete the downloading process will lead to this updating error.
- Improper installation also became the reason for the sudden shutdown.
- Enter an invalid Windows registry.
- When the user is using a license number that is not compatible with the QuickBooks version that you try to install.
- The issue with your computer.
What are the Common Signs of Error 1328 QuickBooks?
After reading a long list of causes, let’s take a look at the signs and symptoms that will help you recognize the presence of such errors in QuickBooks. Take a look:
- Your QuickBooks software suddenly starts crashing or responding too slowly.
- The process of installing or deleting would be fraught with interruption and failures.
- You are not able to access the updating process of QB.
- Continue having an error message.
- Slow response and frequent crashes.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1328?
Now comes the main agenda of this blog; here in this section, we discuss a comprehensive list of easy-to-implement techniques for removing QuickBooks error code 1328. Read thoroughly the step-by-step guidance and follow the same:
Solution 1:- Change the Name of the Hidden System File Config.msi
The Config.msi is an essential file which helps the user install the software on the Windows operating system. Or somehow if this file gets damaged it leads to interruption in installing the application. Renaming the system file Config.msi helps in decoding the error 1328 QuickBooks. Follow the steps below to start the remaining process:
- Firstly, press the Windows key and navigate to the Program list.
- In the program list, click on the Computer option.
- Now, in the left side panel, hit the Local Disk (C:).
- In the top side choose the Organize option and click on the Folder and Search options.
- Go to the view tab and unmark the Hide Protected Operating System Files.
- Hit the Apply tab and then enter the OK button.
- Then, in the search bar visit the top right of the window and type Config.msi file.
- After entering the Config.msi file click on the Rename option.
- Make sure to add.OLD at the end of the file name.
- Finally, restart your Windows and open QuickBooks once again to check the status of error code 1328.
Solution 2:- Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is a troubleshooter in and of itself. It will automatically identify and resolve issues in your QuickBooks application. If the above methods fail to resolve the problem, don’t be alarmed! Simply follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1:- Download and Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub Program
- The first step is to shut down all the programs running in the background.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub program by visiting the Downloads.
- And run the quickbookstoolhub.exe file which you just downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to begin the installation process.
- Now, click on the I agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation process is completed the Tool Hub icon will appear on your desktop then follow the next step.
Step 2:- Open the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, you have to double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Then, move to the installation issues option.
- Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, let the program automatically correct the installation issues. (Note that the process will take some time, so wait until it is repaired completely.)
- After successfully completing the repair process, restart your computer.
Solution 3:- Run the Registry Repair Tool
When you enter the wrong window registry by mistake, you can encounter the QuickBooks error 1328 error updating file in your system. To remove this issue we recommend you to run the registry repair tool which eliminates the error from its roots.
- Firstly, the user needs to apply any Registry Repair Tool and then repair the damaged registry entries, which are all related to the QB software.
- Then, run the Malware Removal Tool and let the tool fix any type of malware infectious attack from your system.
- Delete all the Junk Files from your device.
- Make sure to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drives.
- Now, go to the Recent System Change and hit the Undo option.
- After following the above steps Uninstall the QB application and then Reinstall it.
- Click on the Scanning and run your Windows System File Checker by following the steps of the next method.
Solution 4:- Run the System File Checker
Let’s take a look at the steps which you should follow to use the system file checker which automatically identify the problem and fix it by its own:
- Click on the Start tab and then move the cursor to the Search Box.
- In the search box type in cmd.
- Then, you have to run cmd as Admin.
- Right-click on the icon and enter the command SFC/Scannow.
- Hit the Enter key, and it will invoke the system file checker to check the issues with the system files.
- After it automatically fixes the issue, close all the active windows and restart the application again.
Solution 5:- Update the Window
Using the old version of the QuickBooks application leads to too many disturbances in the workflow. If you are also using an old version then update the window by simply performing the steps listed below:-
- Click on the Start button and then navigate to the Settings tab.
- Now, Hit the Update and Security option.
- The user is now required to select the Windows Update and hit the Check for Updates tab.
- If it shows any updates, then immediately embark on the downloading process.
- After you successfully downloaded the updates, restart the system and check the status of the QuickBooks error code 1328.
Solution 6:- Run QuickBooks in a Selective Startup Mode
If none of the above steps is applicable to fix error 1328 QuickBooks, then follow the steps below to run the QB in a selective startup mode, which definitely helps you eliminate the error permanently.
- Open the Run Command by pressing the Windows + R key together.
- Then, enter the msconfig and hit the OK tab.
- Select the Startup and navigate to the General tab.
- Now, from the Services tab, hit the Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose the Disable All option.
- Then, uncheck all the Microsoft Services boxes.
- Next, open the Service List and double-click on the Windows Installer checkbox.
- Lastly, market it and then hit the OK tab, open the Computer Configuration window and hit the Restart tap.
We believe that by the end of the blog, we have covered all of the necessary points, beginning with the causes and signs, so that you can understand the root cause of its emergence. Furthermore, by implementing our expert-recommended troubleshooting solution, you can eliminate QuickBooks error 1328 from its source. If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Team Number, where QB experts are available 24/7 to listen to your problems and then provide simple solutions.
Read Also :-QuickBooks error 3180