In today’s era, technology plays a crucial role in helping business entrepreneurs manage and streamline their business activities. Throughout the years, QuickBooks has been dominating as one of the best accounting software. Not only does it have advanced and unique features, but it also has a user-friendly interface, which helps business owners efficiently and easily manage their accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks is also prone to various technical errors and glitches. One of the most common errors with which users struggle is QuickBooks error 1310.
As a team of trained experts, we have received multiple queries related to QuickBooks install error 1310. Many users are struggling with this error and are unable to resolve it efficiently. In order to help them out, we are here with a solid piece of information. In this guide, we are going to highlight the proper information related to the error, and along with that, we will also share some proactive tips that you can follow to resolve the error.
QuickBooks Error 1310: An Overview
QuickBooks error 1310 is an installation error that arises when the user tries to install the new version of the QB software or while updating the software to the latest release. This error emerges as an annoying situation as it prevents the users from performing their accounting activities smoothly. It generally occurs due to insufficient permissions on the user’s PC.
This error appears with an illustrative message such as:
“Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll, OR
Error “1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Msi…”
Underlying Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 1310
As a user, if you want to use the QuickBooks software seamlessly and efficiently without facing any technical glitches, it’s important to understand the underlying causes behind the error. It will provide a fair understanding of how you can prevent the error from emerging again in the future.
- An unstable or poor internet connection is the primary reason behind the QuickBooks error code 1310.
- If the QuickBooks company file gets damaged or corrupted accidentally.
- Incorrect date and timing settings on your computer.
- If the firewall settings are active on your computer, it can cause various connectivity and network issues with the QB software.
- Damaged or invalid Windows registry entries.
- Insufficient admin rights.
- Unregistered Microsoft Windows installer.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
After taking a look at the possible causes, you might understand the reason why you might be facing the error. Now, it’s time to unveil the solutions you can carry on your computer to troubleshoot the error.
Don’t wait to perform the steps. A little delay in execution may affect your company file and important data. So, let’s take a detailed look at the solutions that you can follow to troubleshoot the error without hampering your accounting workflow:
Solution 1. Utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic is an in-built tool in the QuickBooks Tool Hub that helps resolve various installation errors with the software. This tool automatically detects and resolves issues related to the installation process.
Here are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your workstation:
- As we already highlighted, the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is an in-built tool inside the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Therefore, you first have to download the tool hub from the official website of Intuit products.
- As you download the tool hub on your PC, double-click on the downloaded file to open it on your PC, and then follow the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed.
- After that, launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer and then choose the Installation Issues option, which is available on the left panel of the screen.
- Thereon, click on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool available in the green color box.
- Now, you will be prompted to select your company file from the list.
- In case you can’t find your company file from the list, click on the Browse option, manually navigate to the location, and choose your company file.
- With that effect, the scanning and repair process will commence on your PC. This process might take 15-20 minutes, totally depending on the company file size and your PC performance.
As that process ends, close all the active applications on your PC and then try to reinstall or update the QB software to the latest update. Now, verify whether the error 1310 Quickbooks update has been rectified or not. If not, then it indicates that the error might be arising due to an unregistered Microsoft Windows installer.
Solution 2. Re-registered Microsoft Windows Installer
Re-registering the Microsoft Windows installer can be a troubleshooting method to deal with the QB error code 1310. Given below are the desired actions that you must undertake to get the process done:
- Go to the Windows Run Command by pressing the Windows + R keys together, and then type misexec/ unreg in the search bar.
- Thereon, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Again, navigate back to the Windows run command. This time, you have to type msiexec/ regserver in the search bar.
- The final step is to press the Enter key on your keyboard.
By executing the above-listed steps, you have successfully re-registered the Microsoft Windows installer on your computer. Thereon, restart your computer and proceed further with the desired task for which you earlier faced the QuickBooks install error 1310.
Solution 3. Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings
By chance, if the above steps do not resolve the error, then you can try changing the User Account Control (UAC) settings on your PC. This will allow you to make necessary changes on your workstation without encountering the QuickBooks error 1310 writing to file.
Given below are the actions that you can follow to modify or change the User Account Control (UAC) settings on your workstation:
- Open the Run Command on your PC by pressing the Windows + R keys together.
- Thereon, type Control Panel in the search bar, and then click on the OK option.
- Moving ahead, choose the User Accounts option and select the User Accounts (Classic View) option.
- Following the above steps, click on the Change User Account Control Settings option. If a prompt Window related to UAC settings appears on the screen, then click on the Yes option.
- Subsequently, move the slider to the Never Notify option and turn off UAC settings by clicking on the OK option.
- After that, move the slider back to the Always Notify option and turn on UAC settings by clicking on the OK option.
- Finally, save the new changes by selecting the OK option.
Solution 4. Grant Full Administrator Access to the Installer
If the installer is not allowed to make changes to the system, then it may encounter issues during the installation process of various software and may lead to QuickBooks installation error code 1310. Therefore, if you are encountering the error, we advise you to grant full administrator rights to the installer.
- Press the Windows Start Key on your keyboard and then choose the All Programs option.
- Thereon, select the Accessories option and then right-click on the Command Prompt.
- Now provide the following command in the prompt window> icacls “C:\Config.Msi” /T /C /grant administrators:F.
Important: Here, you have to change the Config.Msi folder in reference to the folder where you received the error.
- Moving ahead, hit the Enter key on your keyboard, and then close the command prompt window.
At last, try to install the QuickBooks software to check if the issue has been resolved.
Resolving the QuickBooks error 1310 is not only important for installing the software but also helps in using the software efficiently and ensures a smooth operation. As demonstrated above, in this guide, we have covered four different tried and tested methods that you can follow step-by-step to eliminate QuickBooks error 1310 update. You can easily follow the steps mentioned above to resolve the error and start using the accounting software quickly. If the above steps do not work for you, or if you need any further assistance related to any other QB error, then you should get in touch with the trained experts. With expert guidance, you can eliminate unwanted QuickBooks errors effectively and efficiently.