QuickBooks error 1903 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks software and falls into the category of installation errors. This error generally arises when the user tries to install the QuickBooks desktop software or launches the software after installation. Error code 1903 in QuickBooks can also be considered a software glitch and can be classified as a runtime error.
You can read this post till the end to understand the possible causes behind QuickBooks error code 1903 along with the solutions that you can use to resolve it.
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 1903
Some of the common factors that provoke the QuickBooks error code 1903 are as follows:
- The primary reason behind the occurrence of this error can be the inappropriate installation of QuickBooks software.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks desktop installation files can also lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1903.
- Damaged or corrupted Microsoft MSXML and C++ files can also lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1903.
- Outdated version of the PC’s Windows.
Ways to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 1903
Once you have a crystal clear understanding of the possible reasons why this error arises, let’s take a look at the solutions that you can perform to get the error eliminated:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is an in-built feature of the QuickBooks tool hub that helps to fix various installation issues with the software.
Given below are the outlined steps that you can easily execute to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your device:
Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks desktop application on your workstation.
- Thereon, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (126.96.36.199) on your device.
- Make sure to save the file at a suitable location where you can easily access it.
- As the downloading process ends, double-click on the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) to open it.
- Now, keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed on your device.
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to your Windows desktop screen and then double-click on the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” desktop icon to launch it.
- In case you can’t find the application icon on your desktop screen, navigate to the Windows search bar and then launch the tool.
- As the tool hub opens on your device, select the “Installation Issues” option available on the left panel of the screen.
- Once you are done with the above steps, then click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” option. Thereon, the repair process will commence on your device.
- Based on the company file size, this process might take up to 20–30 minutes.
- As part of the repair process, close all the running applications on your device and then perform a restart of your device.
That’s the end of the first solution. Now, try to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software on your workstation to verify if the QuickBooks error 1903 has been terminated or not. If you are still stuck with the error, then execute the next solution.
Read Also:-Merge two accounts in QuickBooks
Solution 2: Reboot the PC in Selective Startup Mode
Here are the steps that you can follow to reboot your PC in selective startup mode:
- The first step is to launch the Windows Run command on your PC by hitting “Windows + R” keys together.
- Thereon, type “MSCONFIG” in the search bar and then click on the “OK” option.
- Next, move to the “General” tab and then select the “Selective Startup” option.
- Here, you have to make sure that the “Load startup items” option is unchecked.
- Moving ahead, click on the “OK” > “Reboot” tab option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
Now, it’s time to get your system back to normal startup mode. Below are listed the steps that you can perform to do so:
- Go back to the Windows Run page.
- There, type “MSCONFIG” in the search bar and then click on the “OK” option.
- After that, select the “Normal Startup” option and then click on the “Apply” > “OK” option.
- At last, end this process by performing a reboot of the system.
Solution 3: Update PC’s Windows to the Latest Release
If you have not updated the PC’s Windows to the latest release in a long time, then it can lead to various issues on your workstation, including QB error 1903.
Here are the steps that you can execute to update your PC’s Windows to the latest version:
- First of all, go to the Windows start menu and move to the settings page.
- After that, select the “Update and Security” option.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Windows Update” section, and then select the “Check for Updates” option.
- If new updates are available, then the downloading process will start automatically.
- As soon as the updating process ends, perform a deep restart of your device.
Now, launch the QuickBooks desktop software and verify if the QuickBooks installation error 1903 has been terminated or not.
Solution 4: Repair the damaged Microsoft.NET Framework
Another solution that you can follow to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 1903 is to repair the damaged Microsoft.NET framework. Below are listed the steps that you can perform to do so:
- Firstly, launch the Windows Run command on your PC, and then navigate to the control panel settings.
- After that, navigate to the “Programs” option and then move ahead to the “Program and Features” option.
- Followed by the above steps, select the “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
- Here, you must ensure that the “.NET Framework 3.5” is not checked, and then click on the “OK” option.
- Then perform a reboot of your device.
Solution 5: Fix Microsoft MSXML Files
If Microsoft MSXML files are damaged, it can lead to the occurrence of various issues with the QuickBooks software, including error code 1903. Below are outlined the steps that you can perform to do so:
- The first step is to navigate to the windows run command on your PC.
- After that, type “Appwiz.cpl” in the search bar and then click on the “OK” option.
- Thereon, choose “MSXML 6.0” from the list and then click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Thereon, download the MSXML.msi file from the official Microsoft website.
- Once the downloading process ends, double-click on it to launch it, and then follow the on-screen prompts.
At last, install the QuickBooks desktop on your device, and then verify if this method has helped to eliminate the QuickBooks error 1903 or not.
As demonstrated above, we have covered the complete, in-depth information about why QuickBooks error code 1903 arises, along with the possible solutions that you can execute to resolve the error. We hope that the steps will help you to eliminate the error hassle-free. However, you can also check out our blog section, which will provide you with more information about different error codes in QuickBooks.
Read Also:-Update QuickBooks Desktop